Handy GPS (free)
The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS. No user account or setup required – just install it, turn on your GPS and go!
This app is a powerful navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking, horse trail riding, and geocaching. Its also useful for surveying, geology, mining, archaeology, and forestry applications. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn’t require network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you can even use it with your paper topographic maps. Waypoints and track logs recorded in the field can be be viewed later in Google Earth.
NOTE: This is a free trial version and is limited to storing only 3 waypoints, and 40 track log points. You can use the trial version for as long as you want, but if you like this app, please install the paid version of “Handy GPS” to get an unlimited version with lots more features. Thanks!
* Shows your current coordinates, altitude, speed, direction of travel, and total distance travelled in metric, imperial/US, or nautical units.
* Can store your current location as a waypoint, and record a track log to show where you’ve been on a map.
* Data can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
* Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM, MGRS and lat/lon coords.
* Can guide you to a waypoint using the “Goto” screen, and optionally sound an alert when when you’re getting close.
* Has a compass page which works on devices with magnetic field sensors.
* Automatically computes the local geoid offset to improve altitude accuracy
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the common Australian datums and map grids. You can use WGS84 for NAD83 maps in the US.
* Shows GPS satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
* Can display simple or MGRS grid references.
* Can compute waypoint-to-waypoint distance and direction.
* Includes an optional timer line to record walk duration and compute your average speed.
* If you have an Android Wear smartwatch, a stand-alone watch version of the app will also be installed. (The free Wear version is limited to storing 1 waypoint).
* Thoroughly tested by the developer on many off-track walks
EXTRA FEATURES ONLY IN THE PAID VERSION:
* No ads.
* An unlimited number of waypoints and track log points.
* Offline maps.
* Custom datums.
* Elevation profile.
* Take photos and record voice memos from the app.
* Email or SMS your location to a friend.
* UK grid refs.
* GPS averaging to improve location accuracy,
* Sun rise and set times.
* Export waypoints and tracklogs to a CSV file.
* Project waypoints using bearing and distance.
* Compute length, area, and elevation change from the tracklog.
* Compute calories.
PERMISSIONS: (1) GPS – to determine your location, (2) Network access – for access to Google Map and OSM tiles, (3) SD card access – to load and store waypoints and tracklogs, (4) Camera access for taking pics*, (5) Prevent phone from sleeping so that proximity alarm works, (6) Control flashlight, to allow the flashlight to be turned on/off from within the app, (7) System settings, to allow the Android Wear app to control the watch screen brightness, (8) Record audio for voice memos*. (* Feature only available in full version of app).
Disclaimer: You use this app at your own risk. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost or injured as a result of using this app. Batteries in mobile devices can go flat. An alternate power source is recommended for extended hikes.
Versions of this app are also available for iPhones and Windows Phones.
30.9: Made it clearer how to manually enter coordinates. Allow setting the GPS location update time (Replaces previous power saving mode).
30.6: Bug fixes. Updated Google libraries. Allow showing background image on free version.
Copyright© 2017 Oxyi Appstore